There’s simply no place like Minnesota for the holidays, and even more so when you’re celebrating in Red Wing! With fresh blankets of snow and thousands of twinkling lights, Christmas the most wonderful time of year in our charming river town. From caroling and carriage rides to the annual Holiday Stroll, you’ll find plenty of ways to get into the holiday spirit. Here are some of the best ways to celebrate Christmas in Red Wing!
Will you be joining us for an unforgettable Christmas in Red Wing? We’d love to host you at the St. James Hotel. Enjoy your stay in winter wonderland to the fullest when you request access to our complimentary Visitor’s Guide. It’s filled with tips about all the best upcoming events, holiday festivities, and things to do in Red Wing. Get yours today!
How to Celebrate Christmas in Red Wing, MN
Here at the St. James, we are overjoyed for the upcoming 2019 Holiday Season. We have a variety of family- friendly activities beginning Thanksgiving Day to the end of the year. Here are some of our favorite Christmas traditions:
1. The Red Wing Holiday Stroll 2019:
Begin the holiday season early at the annual Holiday Stroll in Red Wing, MN! The 2019 Holiday Stroll is expected to be bigger and better than ever before. It is a grand celebration to kick off the season with thousands of visitors gathering in downtown Red Wing to explore local businesses, drink and eat, and also watch live entertainment. Some of the main activities can be found at the Red Wing Holiday Stroll website.
The St. James is participating in the festivities. This year, the Holiday Stroll is November 29, 1 – 9 p.m. We have events taking place from 4 – 9 p.m. When it gets too chilly walking around downtown Red Wing, stop by to be immersed in grand decor and events for the whole family. Below is a list of what you will discover within the front doors of the St. James.
- The Festival of Wreaths, Glitz and Glamour takes place at the St. James. The Festival of Wreaths is a silent auction on beautiful table scapes, holiday arrangements, wreaths and holiday baskets. The funds raised help benefit Downtown Main Street, a local non-profit organization in Red Wing. Wreaths are available for viewing November 21- 23.
- Within walking through the front doors, you will be greeted by carolers and festive songs. Feel free to start singing with them.
- Walk down the hallway to get into the Holiday Spirit with the Grinch and Lou Who photo booth props in the Laurentine Room (Level 1) from 4 – 8 p.m.
- Next, step into Clara’s (Level 1) for a cup of hot chocolate or apple cider to warm up.
- A few steps from there at the Veranda (Level 1), grab a bowl of chili, a winter favorite from 4 – 9:30 p.m.
- Take the elevator down the lower level of the hotel to view the Gandy Dance Train Display from 4 – 8 p.m. in the Hiawatha Room (Level B).
2. Victorian Tea: Nutcracker
The St. James will also be hosting a festive tea party on December 15th at 2 p.m., and this is one event you won’t want to miss! Come join us for an afternoon of tea, assorted batter breads, finger sandwiches, delicious scones and petit fours. Nutcracker centerpieces are sold on silent auction benefiting the Hope Coalition. Admission for our Victorian Tea: Nutcracker event is just $25 per person plus tax and gratuity. Make your reservations by calling 651-385-5549 today!
3. Christmas Eve Buffet at the St. James Hotel
For many, it’s tradition to gather for a festive feast during the holidays. This year, why not start a new tradition and join us for our Christmas Eve Buffet at the historic St. James Hotel? Let us take care of all the cooking; just bring your holiday spirit! Our Christmas Eve Buffet will take place Tuesday December 24th from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. Enjoy slow roasted prime rib with pan jus and horseradish sauce, carved cider glazed ham and apple mustard, an array of seafood, a salad bar, and delectable assorted desserts including our signature St. James Hotel Chocolate Fountain Display.
The cost is $37.95 per person and $19.95 for children 5-10 years old, plus tax and gratuity. The buffet is free for children 4 and under. To secure your spot, make a reservation on OpenTable or call 800-252-1875 or 651-388-2846.
Make it a Christmas to Remember at the St. James Hotel
As you can see, a lot is happening this holiday season. Come join us for the festivities and celebrate with your loved ones at the St. James Hotel. Whether you’re planning a winter ski trip, a corporate holiday party, or a memorable Christmas in Red Wing, we would love to welcome you!
Holidays can be a stressful time from finding the perfect gift to worrying about eating one too many sugar cookies. Taking a holiday during the holidays might be the perfect gift for you and your family! Discover our holiday packages online and book your stay at the St. James today. We look forward to seeing you soon!