Minnesota boasts a rich cultural scene with several theaters boasting world-class performances. The St. James Hotel, an elegant establishment dating back to the 1870s, is the perfect launching pad for a cultural exploration of the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Nestled along the picturesque banks of the Mississippi River, our Red Wing hotel exudes Victorian-era grandeur and offers a luxurious retreat for travelers.
Get Your Tickets at One of Our 5 Favorite Minnesota Theaters
1. Sheldon Theatre: Come and visit one of the most historic theaters in Minnesota that is practically next door to the St. James Hotel. Nestled along the banks of the Mississippi River, this beautiful performing arts venue combines architectural elegance with a commitment to showcasing a diverse range of performances. Since the beginning of the 1900s, the Sheldon Theatre has delighted audiences with the power and splendor of the performing arts.
2. The Guthrie Theater: Around an hour’s drive from St. James Hotel, it is one of the best theaters in Minnesota to watch both classic and contemporary plays. A sense of grandeur and sophistication greets you as you enter the theater. The Guthrie is renowned for its striking architecture and commitment to delivering top-notch performances.
3. Ordway Center for the Performing Arts: A little less than an hour’s drive from St. James Hotel is Minnesota’s version of Broadway! This theater in St. Paul, Minnesota, is among the leading non-profit theaters in the nation and is a testament to the dedication of the Minnesota community to the arts.
4. The Fitzgerald Theater: Visit the oldest surviving theater in St Paul, Minnesota. A little less than an hour’s drive from St. James Hotel, this performing arts center features concerts, Broadway shows, film festivals, and more.
5. Orpheum Theatre: Around an hour’s drive from St. James Hotel is one of the best theaters in Minnesota, nestled in the vibrant downtown Minneapolis area. This lovely theater was formerly owned by musician Bob Dylan.
Our Red Wing Hotel Is the Perfect Home Base for Exploring MN
Exploring the best theaters in Minnesota while staying at the St. James Hotel is a harmonious blend of sophistication, culture, and comfort. It’s an experience that invites you to appreciate the arts, savor the hotel’s historic charm, and create memories that linger long after the curtain falls. Our Red Wing hotel is nestled in the charming and serene Red Wing community and is just a brief drive from many urban adventures in the Twin Cities metro.