St. James Hotel Holiday Traditions
The Holidays are a wonderful time of year because what’s better than bottomless eggnog and hundreds of twinkling lights streamed along gutters, siding, tables, and trees? Okay yes, tucked in bed watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas in candy cane pajamas is a close tie but we live in Minnesota. We can tolerant the cold.
Here at the St. James, we are overjoyed for the upcoming 2018 Holiday Season. We have a variety of family- friendly activities beginning Thanksgiving Day to the end of the year. One of our favorites celebrates the beginning of the holiday season, the Red Wing Holiday Stroll.
The Holiday Stroll is a Red Wing classic. It is a grand celebration to kick off the season with thousands of visitors gathering in downtown Red Wing to explore local businesses, drink and eat, and watch live entertainment. Some of the main activities can be found at the Red Wing Holiday Stroll website.
The St. James is participating in the festivities. This year the Holiday Stroll is November 23, 1 – 9 p.m. We have events taking place from 4 – 9 p.m. When it gets too chilly walking around downtown Red Wing, stop by to be immersed in grand decor and events for the whole family. Below is a list of what you will discover within the front doors of the St. James.
- The Festival of Wreaths, Glitz and Glamour takes place at the St. James. The Festival of Wreaths is a silent auction on beautiful table scapes, holiday arrangements, wreaths and holiday baskets. The funds raised help benefit Downtown Main Street, a local non-profit organization in Red Wing. Wreaths are available for viewing November 21- 23.
- Within walking through the front doors, you will be greeted by carolers and festive songs. Feel free to start singing with them.
- Walk down the hallway to get into the Holiday Spirit with the Grinch and Lou Who photo booth props in the Laurentine Room (Level 1) from 4 – 8 p.m.
- Next, step into Clara’s (Level 1) for a cup of hot chocolate or apple cider to warm up.
- A few steps from there at the Veranda (Level 1), grab a bowl of chili, a winter favorite from 4 – 9:30 p.m.
- Take the elevator down the lower level of the hotel to view the Gandy Dance Train Display from 4 – 8 p.m. in the Hiawatha Room (Level B).
A lot is happening this Holiday Season. Kick it off with us at the Holiday Stroll in Red Wing! We have other events throughout the Holiday Season that are perfect for everyone to enjoy. Check them out at the St. James Hotel website.
Holidays can be a stressful time from finding the perfect gift to worrying about eating one too many sugar cookies. Taking a holiday during the holidays might be the perfect gift for you and your family. Discover our holiday package online.