We’re quickly approaching one of the most popular times of the year for a corporate retreat: the spring! Spring is usually known for fresh stars and taking breaks from the office, which means now is the perfect time to work on the connection of your team. When searching for corporate retreat locations, why not escape the busy city and head to Red Wing, MN?
The St. James Hotel is only one hour from the Twin Cities, including the MSP Airport, and the region is incredibly beautiful. We’re known as one of the best vacation spots in Minnesota because of the numerous activities and our location on the majestic Mississippi River. If you’re wondering how to connect your team members then look no further, we’ll give you a little glimpse of what you can experience during your corporate trip!
Explore Numerous Group Activities
Participating in recreational activities and things to do in Red Wing, MN, will allow your team members to laugh and spend time in the great outdoors with one another, therefore, growing your employee connections. You’ll find hiking, golf, biking paths, and boating opportunities among other activities for the warmer months. During winter there’s skiing, snowshoeing, fat tire biking, ice fishing and skating which are all centrally located to our riverside hotel. Without further ado, here are 20 unique things to do in Red Wing, MN, on your corporate retreat that will be perfect for any size group!
- Disc Golf on Sorin’s Bluff
- Take one of three walking tours Red Wing Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Learn about wine with Wine 101 or try the Wine Pairing course which includes a four-course meal
- Hike the beautiful trails on Barn Bluff
- Try the Beer Challenge grow your creative marketing skills
- Explore the National Eagle Center
- Picnic and play volleyball at Colvill Park
- Spend a day out tubing, kayaking or canoeing on the Cannon River
- Ski or snowboard at Welch Village (winter only)
- Test your photography skills around Red Wing, MN, and compare pictures
- Replicate a painting with Canvas Creation
- Break off into teams and compete in our Sushi or Italian Iron Chef Competition Class
- Take Cooking 101 at our riverside hotel to learn basic cooking techniques
- Golf at Mississippi National Golf Links, Gopher Hills, Mount Frontenac or Red Wing Golf Club
- Enjoy a half or full day pontoon ride out on the Mississippi with South Bay Pontoon
- Indulge in relaxation with a Yoga & Mindfulness Workshop or Class
- Put your minds together to answer trivia questions at our hotel with a bartender included
- Give back and volunteer with the Red Wing, MN, active non-profit community
- Delight your taste buds with a Prohibition Cocktail Tasting at the Port
- End the night with a bonfire and s’mores at Memorial Park
Download our Activities Brochure to see all the things to do in Red Wing, MN, for your corporate retreat.
Escape to Red Wing, MN
Why drive three hours, pay for parking, and to a region that doesn’t offer the same number of activities that you’ll find in Red Wing, MN? The St. James Hotel features a welcoming, attractive space in a landmark hotel that can accommodate various sizes depending on your group. The event staff is dedicated to enhancing your corporate retreat experience by providing convenient activities right in our riverside hotel. You’ll be happy to know there’s covered parking for free, high-speed wireless internet, and restaurants on-site. To learn more about hosting your business meeting and retreats at the St. James Hotel, please give us a call at 1-651-388-2846.